Skip to content

Posts from the ‘Defense’ Category

Rand Paul and Ron Wyden to call for release of redacted 9/11 report’s 28 pages

ARTICLE BELOW by ADAM B. LERNER

Sens. Rand Paul and Ron Wyden are teaming up to call for the public release of 28 classified pages from a 2002 intelligence report on the 9/11 attacks — pages that have taken on near-totemic significance for many who believe the U.S. government has yet to fully reveal what it knows about the 2001 assault on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Read more

Advertisements

Proof of Political Benghazi Cover Up

Visit the following link for an ABC News video story covering how the Benghazi cover up was perpetrated for POLITICAL PURPOSES before the 2012 election, which is what critics were saying all along. Too bad ABC was intentionally asleep when it mattered. For all those people saying these hearings are political, what’s political about uncovering misleading statements regarding the death of the first US Ambassador in 30 years and 3 other Americans? Keep digging, and DO YOUR JOB mainstream news media. How about starting with including Victoria Nuland’s relationship to Hillary Clinton in the PRINT version of your news story, so I don’t have to add it in like I do below.

Read the Full Story @ Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

By Johnathan Karl

When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.

White House emails reviewed by ABC News suggest the edits were made with extensive input from the State Department.  The edits included requests from the State Department that references to the Al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia be deleted as well references to CIA warnings about terrorist threats in Benghazi in the months preceding the attack.

That would appear to directly contradict what White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said about the talking points in November.

… In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland (Hillary Clinton’s Spokesperson at the State Department) took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either?  Concerned …”

The paragraph was entirely deleted…

Benghazi “whistleblowers” head to House committee – CBS News

By Lindsey Boerma – CBS News

Hoping to funnel into one chronological timeline the rampantly varying accounts of how President Obama’s administration responded last Sept. 11 in the wake of an attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday will hear from three “whistleblowers” expected to offer testimony enormously at odds with the administration’s characterization of a strike that killed four Americans…

Earlier this week, Fox News reported that Thompson plans to testify Wednesday that Clinton attempted to cut out the counterterrorism bureau from communications about the attack – a charge that would likely cripple her pristine record as secretary, as well as any chance that she’ll mount a presidential bid in 2016.

Citing in particular Hicks’s claim that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the attack was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command Africa, CBS News national security analyst Juan Zarate said during a Tuesday edition of “Flash Points” that the reputation of the administration, as a whole, hangs in the lurch.

“The stakes are pretty high,” Zarate said. “If it turns out that there’s some indication that the White House or others were not only manipulating talking points, framing how Susan Rice was talking about this on the Sunday talk shows, but was actually trying to construe this in a way that demonstrated it wasn’t a terror attack, and that actually impacted our response – the fact that perhaps they didn’t put things in motion was because it was purposely not being treated or discussed as a terror attack from the get-go, that’s a real problem.”

Read the Rest @ Benghazi “whistleblowers” head to House committee – CBS News.

Mother Of Benghazi Victim, Blames Hillary Clinton

By Michael Allen

Pat Smith, mother of slain State Department officer Sean Smith, who died in the 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, appeared on CNN today where she blamed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her son’s death.

Smith claimed that Clinton failed to secure the U.S. consulate and slammed Clinton for not taking blame for that failure… “That’s her department. She’s supposed to be on top of it, and yet she claims that she knows nothing, it wasn’t told to her. Who’s running the place?”

Read the Rest @ Pat Smith, Mother Of Benghazi Victim, Blames Hillary Clinton

This catastrophe has been a mess from the start, here is another Pat Smith clip from a few days after the Benghazi attacks before the 2012 election.

GOP Benghazi probe stokes political controversy – Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans insist the Obama administration is covering up information about last year’s deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, rejecting administration assurances to the contrary and stoking a controversy with implications for the 2016 presidential race.

Republicans on five House committees are pressing ahead with their own investigations despite an exhaustive independent review that blistered the State Department, more than 25,000 pages of documents sent to Congress and hours of testimony from former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

… On Sept. 11, 2012, two separate attacks hours apart on the U.S. facility in Benghazi killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. An independent panel led by former top diplomat Thomas Pickering and retired Gen. Mike Mullen concluded that management and leadership failures at the State Department led to “grossly” inadequate security at the mission. The panel’s report singled out the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security and the Bureau of Near East Affairs.

Read the Rest @ GOP Benghazi probe stokes political controversy

Saudis warned United States about Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in writing – NYPOST.com

By Joe Tacopino

Saudi Arabian officials gave the United States a written warning about Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev months before the attack, a new report says. Officials in the oil-rich kingdom sent a letter to the US Department of Homeland Security in 2012, detailing their concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev and indicating he might have been planning an attack, the Daily Mail reports today.

“It was very specific” a Saudi official told the Mail. He said the letter mentioned Tsarnaev’s name and warned that “something was going to happen in a major US city.” The information arose through Saudi intelligence- gathering in Yemen, the paper said, although the specific source of that info was not revealed.

The Saudis were so concerned that they denied Tsarnaev a visa to visit the holy city of Mecca in 2011.

Read the Rest @ Saudis warned United States about Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in writing – NYPOST.com.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits

By Chris Cassidy – Boston Herald

Marathon bombings mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev was living on taxpayer-funded state welfare benefits even as he was delving deep into the world of radical anti-American Islamism, the Herald has learned.
Read more

Mother of Boston Bombers to CNN: Allahu Akbar! – Townhall.com

The mother of Boston bombing suspects Tamerlan and Tzhokhar Tsarnaevso, told CNN Wednesday night she doesn’t care about one of her sons being killed in a shootout with police or whether her youngest son is killed in the future. Instead, she wants the world to hear her say, “Allahu Akbar!” From Gateway Pundit:

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!

Read the Rest @ Mother of Boston Bombers to CNN: Allahu Akbar! – Katie Pavlich.

FBI Purges Hundreds of Terrorism Documents in Islamophobia Probe | Danger Room | Wired.com

The following is a story from over a year ago, but perhaps its even more meaningful today…

By Spencer Ackerman

An internal FBI investigation into its counterterrorism training has purged hundreds of bureau documents of instructional material about Muslims, some of which characterized them as prone to violence or terrorism.

The bureau disclosed initial findings from its months-long review during a meeting at FBI headquarters on Wednesday with several Arab and Muslim advocacy groups, attended by Director Robert Mueller. So far, the inquiry has uncovered and purged over 700 pages of documentation from approximately 300 presentations given to agents since 9/11 — some of which were similar to briefings published by Danger Room last year describing “mainstream” Muslims as “violent.” And more disclosures may be forthcoming, as the FBI continues its inquiry and responds to Freedom of Information Act requests for the documents themselves.

FBI spokesman Christopher Allen confirms to Danger Room that the bureau found some of the documents to be objectionable because they were inaccurate or over-broad, others because they were offensive. Allen explains that the documents represent “less than 1 percent” of over 160,000 documents reviewed by the inquiry, which was prompted by a Danger Room investigation in September. The FBI purged documents according to four criteria: “factual errors”; “poor taste”; employment of “stereotypes” about Arabs or Muslims; or presenting information that “lacked precision.”

Read the Rest @ FBI Purges Hundreds of Terrorism Documents in Islamophobia Probe | Danger Room | Wired.com.

Boston Bombing Suspects Roused by Jihadist Thought – WSJ.com

The investigation into the Boston Marathon bombing yielded two revelations Tuesday: The surviving suspect said he and his brother were inspired by jihadists online, and the brothers bought two large pyrotechnic devices that could shed light on how they built their explosives.

Authorities have been trying to piece together how and why the brothers accused of the April 15 bombing carried out their plans. In limited communication with federal investigators, including handwritten answers, surviving suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev said he and his older brother acted alone and without the help of any terrorist group, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

The two were acting as jihadists, motivated by Muslim religious anger at the U.S., the surviving brother told interrogators, these officials said.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators that the brothers were self-trained and self-indoctrinated, and were striking back at the U.S. for killing Muslims. His statements and other evidence have led U.S. authorities so far to believe that the bombers weren’t part of a larger terror group, though no firm conclusions have been made.

Read the Rest @ Boston Bombing Suspects Roused by Jihadist Thought – WSJ.com.

Who changed the Benghazi talking points? – CBS News

The Benghazi-Gate web has been spinning for weeks, here’s the latest “coverage” by the mainstream news media…

Who within the Obama administration deleted mention of “terrorism” and “al-Qaeda” from the CIA’s talking points on the deadly Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi? It isn’t the only unanswered question in the wake of the tragedy, but it’s proven to be one of the most confounding.

The question was first raised 12 days ago when former CIA Director General David Petraeus told members of Congress that his original talking points cleared for public dissemination included the likely involvement by terrorists and an al-Qaeda affiliate. Petraeus said somebody removed the references before they were used to inform the public.

The Obama administration has declined to directly answer who made the edits. And the nation’s top intelligence officials appear either confused or not forthcoming about the journey their own intelligence took.

On Fri. Nov. 16, Petraeus told members of Congress that it wasn’t the CIA that changed the talking points. The White House and the State Department said it wasn’t them.

Read the Rest @ Who changed the Benghazi talking points? – CBS News

Susan Rice Battles Critics Over Style, Substance, Perceptions

The italicized comments belong to the Unaffiliated Party, the rest is a Reuters “news” article. We feel this whole Benghazi-gate situation has shown so many flaws in our system, both with our government’s politics and with our lazy news media, to lazy to go after the truth when their side is in office. The lack of transparency in Washington and our news media’s biased reporting are enormous obstacles to all Americans.

UNITED NATIONS/WASHINGTON Reuters – Susan Rice has had a series of diplomatic triumphs as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. President Barack Obama, an old friend, showed he has her back when last week he publicly challenged her Republican critics over the Benghazi controversy to “go after me” rather than her. She knew former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright from the age of 4. (Are those last two supposed to be qualifications to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State?)

The immediate source of a lot of the criticism is her appearances on Sunday morning television shows in September five days after the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, and three other Americans had been killed in Benghazi. Her critics bitterly complain that she misled the American public by suggesting that the assault was the result of a spontaneous protest rather than an organized assault by affiliates of al Qaeda. During the U.S. presidential campaign, supporters of Republican candidate Mitt Romney seized on the issue to attack Obama. (Note the use of the word “bitterly”, is that necessary or unbiased? And pointing out that it became an issue in the campaign, used by Republicans? The handling of this event should have been an issue for the mainstream news media, if it cared about doing it’s job.)

Read more

Internal emails offer details on bin Laden burial

WASHINGTON (AP) — Internal emails among U.S. military officers indicate that no sailors watched Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea from the USS Carl Vinson and traditional Islamic procedures were followed during the ceremony. The emails, obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily blacked out, but are the first public disclosure of government information about the al-Qaida leader’s death. The emails were released Wednesday by the Defense Department…

“Traditional procedures for Islamic burial was followed,” the May 2 email from Rear Adm. Charles Gaouette reads. “The deceased’s body was washed (ablution) then placed in a white sheet. The body was placed in a weighted bag. A military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker. After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased’s body slid into the sea.”

According to another message from the Vinson’s public affairs officer, only a small group of the ship’s leadership was informed of the burial.

Read the Rest @ Internal emails offer details on bin Laden burial 

Sources: Office of the DNI cut “al Qaeda” reference from Benghazi talking points

Check out the latest convoluted CBS report on the mishandling of the tragic 9/11 Benghazi mess. It’s interesting to follow along just to see who gets stuck taking the fall for this epic mismanagement of information enabled by a mainstream news media who was more than happy to look the other way before the election…

WASHINGTON – CBS News has learned that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) cut specific references to “al Qaeda” and “terrorism” from the unclassified talking points given to Ambassador Susan Rice on the Benghazi consulate attack – with the agreement of the CIA and FBI. The White House or State Department did not make those changes… However, an intelligence source tells CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan the links to al Qaeda were deemed too “tenuous” to make public, because there was not strong confidence in the person providing the intelligence. CIA Director David Petraeus, however, told Congress he agreed to release the information — the reference to al Qaeda — in an early draft of the talking points, which were also distributed to select lawmakers.

“The intelligence community assessed from the very beginning that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.” DNI spokesman Shawn Turner tells CBS News. That information was shared at a classified level — which Rice, as a member of President Obama’s cabinet, would have been privy to… The head of the DNI is James Clapper, an Obama appointee. He ultimately did review the points, before they were given to Ambassador Rice and members of the House intelligence committee on Sept. 14. They were compiled the day before. Brennan says her source wouldn’t confirm who in the agency suggested the final edits which were signed off on by all intelligence agencies.

Read the Rest @ Sources: Office of the DNI cut “al Qaeda” reference from Benghazi talking points, and CIA, FBI signed off – CBS News.

What kind of intelligence was there to lead them to conclude there were ties to militant groups before Rice made her misleading statements?… Here you go…

Intercepts Show Attackers on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bragged to Al Qaeda

“What Happened in Benghazi was the Direct Result of A Video”

“First of all let’s be clear about what transpired this week., what happened this week in Cairo, in Benghazi, in many other parts of the region was a result, a direct result, of a heinous and offensive video.”

– UN Ambassador Susan Rice

I thought sharing this clip would be helpful for all those skeptics who claim Susan Rice, representing the White House, never specifically blamed the Benghazi terrorist attacks on a video. I couldn’t make it any clearer, skip to the 4:40 mark to listen for yourselves. Again, this is a big deal because the CIA knew within 24 hours that the attacks were carried out by militant islamic groups with links to Al Qaeda. The White House then sends out Susan Rice, 5 days later to mislead Americans weeks before an election, refusing to call it what it was, a terrorist attack that left 4 Americans dead.