Government Shut Down: GOP Compromised til the End, Democrats Refused, News Media will Blame GOP for Not Comprimising
In case you’re keeping score, here’s the ping-pong that the Senate and House have played since Friday that led to the current government shutdown…
- Sept. 20: The House passed a continuing resolution that funds the government through Dec. 15 — but strips funding for Obamacare.
- Friday: The Senate passed a so-called “clean” continuing resolution that would have kept the government funded through Nov. 15. It stripped out the language defunding Obamacare.
- Saturday: The House decided against passing the Senate’s CR, instead attaching to it two “poison pill” amendments that fundamentally altered the Affordable Care Act. The first two House amendments delayed Obamacare by one year and repealed a tax on medical devices.
- Monday afternoon: The Senate immediately tabled the two amendments, sending the CR back to the House.
- Monday night: The House decided again to not pass a “clean” CR, adding two more Obamacare-related amendments. These amendments delayed just the individual mandate by one year, and added language that would bar lawmakers, Congressional staffers, and administration staffers from receiving federal subsidies for health insurance under Obamacare.
- Less than an hour later, the Senate again rejected the House’s amendments, putting the ball back in the House’s court.
Read the Rest @ IT’S OFFICIAL: The Government Has Shut Down
So… the last compromise passed by the Republican led House was to delay forcing everyone to participate in Obamacare, allowing people to opt in or out to avoid that penalty for not participating (just like it was already delayed for employers), and NOT giving Congress and their staff special treatment…. the Democrats in the Senate refused to accept, and I can guarantee that the mainstream news media will solely blame the Republicans in the coming days for “not compromising”!? The game is rigged when you’ve got a corrupt mainstream news media making the news. Spread the word, we have to report the news ourselves these days since journalists have lost all interest in spreading news, propaganda is the new focus.
Want to see what the “unbiased” objective news media looks like when its in propaganda attack mode, skip to the 1:28 mark in the video below.