The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 2013. Ten key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – The Telegraph
By Nile Gardiner
The last few weeks have been among the worst of Barack Obama’s time in office, recalling earlier periods of turmoil for the president in 2010 and 2011, when his ratings also plummeted. In 2013, the situation is significantly worse for the White House, with the Obama administration engulfed in a series of major scandals (IRS persecution of conservative groups, the Benghazi debacle, and the Justice Department seizure of journalists’ phone records) that are not only eroding trust in government but also in the office of the president itself. This is undoubtedly a period of steep decline for the Obama presidency, whose imperial-style big government approach is being increasingly questioned not only by American voters, but also by formerly subservient sections of the liberal-dominated mainstream media. In contrast to his first term, Barack Obama is finding himself less and less shielded by the press, and far more vulnerable to public criticism.
… In addition to damaging scandals, which have raised major questions over the integrity and judgment of the Obama administration, there remain deep-seated concerns over the US economy and the enormous national debt, widespread opposition to the president’s health care reforms, and significant fears over national security. Barack Obama’s second term could not have started more badly for the “hope and change” president, who, with three and a half years in office remaining, looks more and more like a lame duck. Here are ten key reasons why the Obama presidency is in trouble, with the outlook exceedingly grim for the White House.
CLICK HERE to read the writer’s summary of each of the key points below…
1. The American public is losing trust in Obama
2. The Obama presidency is imperial in style and outlook
3. Most Americans are still worried about the economy
4. America’s level of debt is frightening
5. Obamacare is hugely expensive and increasingly unpopular
6. Independents are rapidly withdrawing support for Obama
7. The liberal media is less deferential to Obama in his second term
8. The Benghazi scandal has been extremely damaging
9. Obama’s national security strategy is weak and confusing
10. Obama is “leading from behind” on the world stage